International Buddhist Foundation
(An Association under Swiss Law)
in this world and beyond.
- BUDDHA -
A well-guarded mind brings happiness.
- BUDDHA -
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path
- BUDDHA -
A spiritual home contributing to the promotion of lasting peace through the teachings of the Lord Buddha (the Dhamma).
International Buddhist Foundation (IBF) is a non-profit, charitable Association, set up in 1991 according to the Swiss Civil Code. The Geneva Buddhist Vihara (Temple) of the IBF was founded on 08 March 1992 to achieve the aims and objectives of the IBF. Everyone who seeks refuge in the Dhamma is welcomed by the Temple.
Building Fund Project
IBF, as one of the oldest spiritual shelters in Geneva which opens its doors to those who seek the refuge in Dhamma, has been delivering its services for over 30 years with very limited resources. With the increasing number of spiritual guidance seekers, IBF has felt the necessity of moving to a modest spacious place for the continuance of its benevolent services to the needy.
Dhamma Programs - 2023
- Sunday morning Meditation in Sinhala, English & French from 9.00 to 10.00 a.m. at IBF premises.
- Sunday Dhamma School & Sinhala class for children from 3.00 to 5.00 p. m. * Join via Zoom
- Wednesday morning Meditation in Sinhala, English & French from 10.00 to 11.00 a.m. at IBF premises.
- Full moon day Chanting and Meditation in Sinhala from 6.30 to 7.30 p.m (Every full moon day). * Join via Zoom
- Daily Buddha pooja & Chanting in Sinhala at 7.00 a.m, 11.30 a.m & 18.30 p.m. at IBF premises.
*Click the Zoom link to join
Upcoming Special Programs 2023
More activities dates will be published soon.
Concluded Special Programs 2023
- New year Blessings Ceremony on 1st of January at 18.30 p.m. at the IBF premises.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)2023 and Alms Giving Ceremony of International Buddhist Foundation on Sunday February 5th from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm at the Centre de Quartier de Poussy in Vernier.
- Pehewas Samadanaya (Full day retreat at the IBF Premises), on 26th of February from 08.00 a.m. to 16:00 p.m at the IBF premises
- Pehewas Samadanaya (Full day retreat at the IBF Premises), on 26th of March from 08.00 a.m. to 16:00 p.m at the IBF premises
- Sri Lankan New Year blessing on April 14 from 6:30 to 7:00 at the IBF premises and online
- Online Sunday Dhamma Sermon / Suthra Deshana and Q & A in Sinhala on April 30 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m,
- Vesak Sil Program on May 6 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Vesak Celebration on May 7 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm