International Buddhist Foundation (IBF) is a non-profit, charitable Association, set up in 1991 according to the Swiss Civil Code. The Geneva Buddhist Vihara (Temple) of the IBF was founded on 08 March 1992 to achieve the aims and objectives of the IBF. Everyone who seeks refuge in the Dhamma is welcomed by the Temple.
The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations granted Consultative Status as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) to the IBF in 1998. In keeping with its Aims and Objectives in humanitarian affairs, the IBF participates in the activities pertaining to the promotion of Human Rights, rights of socially vulnerable groups, and Global Environmental protection programmes conducted by UN.
OBJECTIVES OF IBF
- To contribute to the promotion of lasting peace through the teachings of the Lord Buddha (the Dhamma);
- To promote the practice of the Buddhist way of life, which is compatible with the universal norms of moral and social ethics among the world community;
- To encourage studies and discussions that will increase public awareness of the Buddhist philosophy in the promotion of universal peace and understanding and provide facilities for learning Buddhism;
- To foster friendship and harmony with the Swiss and international communities;
- To provide opportunities for meditation leading to awareness and mental discipline;
- To mobilise resources and provide humanitarian assistance;
- To maintain dialogue with other world religions.
COMMITTEE OF IBF 2020 – 2021
PRESIDENT : Venerable Halyale Wimalarathana Thero
VICE PRESIDENT : Mr Udaya Gunawardena
SECRETARY :Mr Ruwan Chinthana Demuni
TREASURER : Mrs Inoka Tantiriwatta
AUDITOR : Mr Roshan Rajaratne
Venerable Welagedara Sumanajothi Thero
Mrs Hasangana Vijay
Mrs Hemamali Guruge
FUNDS OF IBF:
As a charitable organization, who delivers its service free of charge, IBF is in constant need of funds to be able to function and to continue the work in promoting its Objects. Therefore, IBF welcomes your donations in the name of Buddha Sasana.