Founder Members of the IBF proclaimed that the aims and objectives of the Foundation are to:
· Contribute to the promotion of lasting peace through the teachings of the Lord Buddha (the Dhamma)
· Promote the practice of the Buddhist way of life, which is compatible with the universal norms of moral and social ethics among the world community;
· Encourage studies and discussions that will increase public awareness of the Buddhist philosophy in the promotion of universal peace and understanding and provide facilities for learning Buddhism;
· Foster friendship and harmony with the Swiss and international communities; · Provide opportunities for meditation leading to awareness and mental discipline;
· Mobilise resources and provide humanitarian assistance;
· Maintain dialogue with other world religions.